Free Introductions for Schools
We have received funding to provide a limited number of school districts with introductions to orienteering. To apply for the program, send fill out the form at https://tinyurl.com/school-intro-O. For more information, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ethan at 802-324-8982
Schools will provide:
- An orienteering advocate
- A meeting with each of: the K-8 Physical Education curriculum coordinator, the K-5 math and science curriculum coordinator, and the high school athletic director.
- Reflections from participants and a final review meeting with the school contact.
- A certificate of insurance naming Navigation Games as additional insured, for the orienteering activities.
Navigation Games will provide:
- One professional development session for teachers
- A day of orienteering introductions for students
Optional, but available for purchase:
- Maps of each school made using international orienteering map-making standards
- Isometric drawings of school grounds used as a stepping-stone to understanding the map
- Additional orienteering programming
Example lesson plans are available here.